- Use our template to meet formatting requirements below. Your paper must comply with the following specifications:
- Paper Length: Maximum 4 pages | The body of the paper (i.e. text, figures, tables) should be 3 pages max, while reference should be 1 page max.
- Paper Size: US_Letter
- Fonts: Embed ALL fonts in your PDF file. Avoid the use of Type 3 fonts.
- File Format: Adobe PDF (.pdf)
- Allowed File Size: 2.0Mb
- Do NOT page number your paper
- Do NOT apply security settings to your PDF file.
The duration of a presentation slot is 15 minutes. You will have 12 minutes for the presentation itself and 3 minutes for questions from the audience.
A LCD projector & computer (Windows 7, MS Powerpoint & Adobe Acrobat Reader) will be available in every session room for regular presentations.
Preparation of Visuals:
- PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST BRING BRING A MEMORY STICK CONTAINING YOUR PRESENTATION FILE.
- Files can be uploaded to the local PCs in the lecture rooms during the daily speaker breakfast, the coffee breaks or at lunch.
- To avoid software compatibility problems (MS Powerpoint), speakers are advised to EMBED ALL FONTS in your Powerpoint file AND bring a backup PDF-version of your presentation.
- Speakers should arrive in their session room 15 minutes BEFORE the start of your session to report to the session chair. A proctor will also be available in case you need technical assistance.
- Speakers are strongly encouraged to visit the Speaker Preparation room in advance of your presentation to avoid any last minute problems. The Speakers’ Preparation room will be available on all days that sessions are scheduled.
- Limit the number of words per visual to no more than 20.
- Leave space, at least the height of a capital letter, between lines of text.
- All fonts, including that on graphs, should be 18 point or larger.
- Graphs and charts should have bold lines and symbols that contrast sharply with the background.
- The recommended poster format is portrait A0 (84.1 cm wide x 118.9 cm height). Double sided adhesive tape and/or pins will be available in the poster area to put the posters on the panels.
- Authors are required to print their own poster and are responsible for hanging up their poster before the start of the session and of removing them after the session end.
- Each poster board onsite will be marked with a number that directly correlates with each poster in the PDF program. Please place your poster on the assigned board.
For Further Assistance
- In order to help you meet the above paper specifications, please use the templates which can be found on the Templates page.
- If you are having problems creating your file, please link to the author help page.
If your paper is accepted for publication at this conference, you will also need to adhere to the following requirements:
- IEEE policy requires that you send us a signed Copyright Form for each paper. Without this form, we can NOT publish your article.
- REMINDER: At least one author per paper must be registered AND attend the conference to present their paper.
- IEEE reserves the right to exclude any accepted paper from distribution after the conference (including, removal from IEEE Xplore) if the accepted paper is not presented at the conference.